Anxiety- the more I talk openly about it, the more I realize there are a lot of us that suffer from it! Here's my story:
I've always been given to being highly emotional, highly prone to overthinking, and obsessed with perfection. So the groundwork was laid early on in my life for anxiety. In 2006 I started dating my ex husband. In 2008 we got married. In 2009 I had Jude. In 2010 I got divorced. In 2012 I started having panic attacks and began taking xanax daily morning and evening. About 6 months later, I switched it to lexapro in the morning and xanax at night to sleep. In December of 2012, I tried to wean off it, but then started having panic attacks again. Back on it I went. I never have been able to not need it.
In 2014, I was introduced to doTerra which I used to help my body heal from strep. I then started using lavender oil to help me sleep at night. And I haven't taken a xanax since January! I was still taking Lexapro daily though. And anxiety was still a huge struggle.
In May of 2014, I decided to try Young Living because I had started researching oil companies. And the more I researched the more I grew interested in what Young Living was doing, how they ran their company, how they used their seed to seal process, etc. In the Young Living premium kit, you get 11 oils which includes 4 blends that are specifically for emotions! You also get frankincense and lavender which help so much with emotions as well! When I started using Young Living I had just started cutting down my lexapro dosage. I was taking 20mg in Jan. By May, I was taking 10 mg. By June I was taking 5 mg. And by the end of July I was at 2.5mg. This is where I am now. I fully expect to be off all medication by December!
Here's my daily protocol **
- Roll Valor on my chest over my heart, the back of my neck, the back of my shoulders, and my carotid artery. Pray about being strong and courageous for the Lord is with me.
- Roll on Joy behind my ears and the base of my neck by my brainstem. Pray about how the Joy of the Lord is my strength
- Roll Release over my liver and ponder Isaiah 61 and how the Lord came to release prisoners and proclaim freedom
- 2 drops of frankincense in a spoonful of honey
- 1/2 tsp of Natural Calm magnesium supplement along with a daily multivitamin, omega, and herb/enzyme pill
- round 2 of my multivitamin, omega, and herb/enzyme supplements
- reapply Valor and Joy in the same places
- reapply Valor and Joy if needed
- At bedtime, I use a roller with Peace and Calming, lavender, cedarwood, and vetiver to sleep. I put in on the back of my neck, my temples, my wrists, on my stomach, and on my big toes.
- diffuse ylang ylang and lavender
The two months I have been following this protocol have made the most headway with my anxiety since I started this journey. The Lord is good and He has surely blessed my life with these oils. I don't want to give all the credit to oils though because at the same time I found Young Living, I also had finished an intense group at church called Redemption in which I really struggled through how anxiety was both caused by and exacerbated by my pride and idolatry. The Lord certainly used that process to help me face some of the sin in my life that affected my anxiety. However, as I finished Redemption, He was faithful to continue the healing process in my life by bringing along these Young Living oils which have definitely worked to carry His Word to completion.
The Lord is gracious. He didn't set us here in this fallen world to stumble around aimlessly and always hurting. He provided a creation that is equipped to heal us. He spoke all these plants into life and filled their essential oils with the power to help us because He is Love. I pray you would step out in faith and allow God to show himself mighty in your life as He has mine. Feel free to email me at email@example.com. If you would like to buy the premium kit that contains these oils I mentioned so you can start your own journey to joy, I would love to sponsor you and guide you. Teaching others is one of my greatest joys! Simply go to www.youngliving.com/signupwww.youngliving.com/signup and use the enroller/sponsor #1831568 May the Lord bless you and Keep you and Make His face to shine upon you as He is doing in my life!
** I am not a doctor and I cannot advise you in any way to make decisions for your health. I have done all my weaning of medication under a doctor's supervision. I am simply sharing my story and how The Lord has worked in my life through this process.